Maurice R. Ferré MD is a serial entrepreneur that focuses on exponential changes in the
medical technology sector.
– Dr. Ferre is currently the Executive Chairman of Insightec. The Company is currently
developing breakthrough technology that in essence allows treatment without cutting the
body. With the use of highly focused ultrasound energy, Insightec’s proprietary
technology allows the destruction of targets deep inside the body completely noninvasive.
Already $200M has gone into developing this technology. The Company just
secured an additional $59M of financing to develop and commercialize its technology.
– His most recent success was MAKO Surgical Corp, As Co-Founder, Chairman, CEO and
President over a period of ten years (2003- 2013), MAKO became the world leader in
robotic orthopedic surgery. The World Economic Forum recognized MAKO as a
Technology Innovator in 2003. The Company was ranked No.1 by Deloitte’s Technology
Fast 500 in 2011. MAKO grew to 500 employees and $100M+ in revenues. The
company raised over $350M in capital through private and public funding (IPO in 2008 on
NASDAQ: MAKO). MAKO was the first company to develop and commercialize 3D
printed implants. MAKO had generated or acquired over 300+ patents. In December
2013, Stryker Corp acquired MAKO for $1.65B.
– Prior to MAKO, Dr. Ferre was Founder, CEO and President of Visualization Technology
Inc. (1993-2002). VTI became the world leader in image-guided surgery for ENT, cranial
and orthopedic procedures. The Company was acquired by GE Healthcare in 2002.
– Dr. Ferre received in Doctor of Medicine and Master of Public Health from Boston
University in 1992. He was also the recipient of the prestigious Ernest & Young 2007
Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
– Dr. Ferre is currently active on the following boards: Endeavor Miami, The Everglades
Foundation and Boston University